Calcium Complete is a comprehensive formulation of a well absorbed form of calcium, combined with additional nutrients required for bone strength. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and is vital for developing and maintaining strong and healthy bones and teeth. Calcium also plays an important role in maintaining connective tissue and promoting muscle contraction and nerve function.
The benefits of Calcium Complete:
- Contains calcium citrate: This form of calcium requires less stomach acid for absorption and is better utilised in the body than the calcium carbonate form, which is commonly used in supplements. This form is beneficial for those with low stomach acid such as elderly people. Hydroxyapatite has also been used also been used in this formula as it closely resembles the calcium in bones and teeth.
- Bone strength: Calcium Complete contains vitamin K2, boron and Vitamin D which are full spectrum cofactors for strong and healthy bone tissue. When the diet is deficient in bone minerals like calcium, the body will access these mineral stores from the bone for use in the body. If the minerals are not being replaced, it can cause little holes in the bones leading to osteoporosis. Supplementing with bone minerals and additional nutrients required for bone formation, may assist in improving the strength of the bones, and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Contains vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is the more active and absorbable form of vitamin D (compared to D2) and is broken down into calcitriol in the body. Calcitriol is a steroid hormone that helps to regulate calcium levels for bone mineralisation. Vitamin D is vital for calcium absorption, and is a commonly deficient nutrient in people across the world.
- Collagen support: Calcium Complete contains manganese, copper and zinc which are cofactors for collagen production. Healthy collagen production is required for strong bones, and is vital for the strength and flexibility of joints, ligaments and other connective tissue.
Factors that may increase the need for calcium supplementation:
- Crohn’s disease
- Older age
- Coeliac disease
- Bone break or fracture
- High blood pressure
- Muscle or ligament injury
Adults can take 1-4 tablets daily, or as directed by their healthcare practitioner.
Calcium can interfere with the osteoporosis drug alendronate (Fosamax) and should be taken two hours apart. Taking calcium with thiazide diuretics can increase the risk of excessively high blood calcium levels. Calcium Complete contains vitamin K which should be avoided in patients taking Warfarin. Ensure that you increase your water and fibre intake if you experience constipation.
Calcium Complete 120 Tablets
Calcium Complete is a comprehensive formulation of a well absorbed form of calcium, combined with additional nutrients required for bone strength.